In case you had been wondering why there have not been any walkies recorded for days…
Well, I got COVID, which is a bit of a bummer after dodging the viral bullet for over a year and a half.
I’m ok… we’ll, kind of… fatigue, brain fog, cough, sore throat and a constant headache.
So I’ll live (sorry, enemies, suck some doodahs!) which is a plus but I’m certainly not great! And 30 degrees in London certainly don’t help!
All of this obviously got me thinking – I’m double Pfizered – but still can get ill. I’m sure I also can still spread it so I’m self isolating until next Sunday… no dodgy trial for me, Mr. Prime Minister!
So, once done with self imprisonment, I’ll continue to social distance and wear my mask. This underneath I borrowed from a friend on FB – hope she doesn’t mind!
“I have been wearing a mask since we were first asked to do so and I will continue to do so until I feel it is okay to stop. I’m not sure why being considerate to others for the common good is now being mocked by some who are calling it “living in fear”, but it needs to stop.
When I wear a mask over my nose and mouth in public and in the stores/supermarkets/pharmacies I want you to know the following:
• I’m educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.
• I don’t “live in fear” of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem.
• I don’t feel like the “government controls me”. I feel like I’m an adult contributing to the security in our society and I want to teach others the same.
• If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place.
• Wearing a mask doesn’t make me weak, scared, stupid or even “controlled”. It makes me caring and responsible.
• When you think about your appearance, discomfort, or other people’s opinion of you, imagine a loved one – a child, father, mother, grandparent, aunt, uncle or even a stranger – placed on a ventilator, alone without you or any family member allowed at their bedside…..
Ask yourself if you could have helped them a little by wearing a mask.
Feel free to copy this and post it on your wall if you agree with me.”
Over & Out
P.S. you know where to deposit food parcels… 😉😘🥰